As a store owner or agency owner who deals with Shopify stores daily, it's important to ensure that any changes made to your store's theme are thoroughly tested and validated before publishing. This is because even small mistakes made by Shopify developers or designers can have a significant impact on your business's sales and conversion rates. so, you should conduct a thorough QA process before submitting your theme for review to make sure all the required features are functioning as anticipated.
To avoid these negative consequences, it's important to implement two types of QA processes: the Golden QA process and the Silver QA process.
The Golden QA process involves testing the main actions for your Shopify store, specifically ensuring that the "Add to Cart" and "Checkout" buttons are always working properly. This is because these buttons are critical to the buying experience and any issues with them could prevent users from completing a purchase. For e.g, Add to cart and checkout actions, Navigation shouldn't stop on mobile, Blocking anything by the Shopify app.
The Silver QA process, on the other hand, involves verifying recent changes and associated testing. For example, if you've made a change to the color of the "Add to Cart" button, you need to ensure that this change hasn't caused any unintended issues with the button's functionality. e.g. Image clarity, Sections loading delay.
After a successful store launch, It's important to remember that development is only 30% of the process, while testing and validation make up the remaining 70%. This 70% is crucial for ensuring confidence, approval, and verification of any changes made to your store's theme.
In conclusion, while it's important to have a skilled development team or freelancer to customize and add functionalities to your Shopify store, it's equally important to have a robust validation process in place to ensure that their work is thoroughly tested and validated before publishing.
This will help you avoid any potential issues that could negatively impact your business's sales and conversion rates.
Testing your themes should be a lot simpler now that you've read this article's content.
If you’re looking for more Shopify tips and recommendations, Discover the offerings of Hopiant and explore its potential!